The Latino Community Fund (LCF Georgia) announces the appointments of Charmaine Ward-Millner, Corporate Relations Director for Georgia Power, and Lauren Waits, an independent policy consultant to its board of directors.
Charmaine Ward-Miller is responsible for building and maintaining strategic diverse relationships and diverse partnerships at Georgia Power, including philanthropic efforts that support the company’s mission of being “a citizen wherever we serve.” Charmaine has held senior-level positions with Georgia-Pacific, John H. Harland, Bank of America, Showtime Networks, and IBM. She is an adjunct professor at Georgia State, certified John Maxwell Leadership Coach, and an Associate Certified Coach with ICF (International Coaching Federation).
Lauren Waits has over 25 years’ experience in legislative, administrative, and grassroots advocacy working at a range of social justice and anti-poverty organizations. She served as the Director of Government Affairs at the Atlanta Community Food Bank from 2016 to 2020, and previously as Policy Director of Voices for Georgia’s Children and a facilitator for StoryCorps Atlanta, where she coordinated community-based oral history sessions. Ms. Waits currently serves as Treasurer of the Board at Project Community Connections Inc. (PCCI), a rapid rehousing organization that supports people experiencing homelessness.
“We are excited to welcome Charmaine and Lauren to our board, two accomplished and proven leaders in the state. As the Latino Community Fund strengthens its work across the state; their expertise and commitment will be instrumental in advancing our strategic priorities and goals. We look forward to working together to support our community, members, and all Latino-serving non-profits in the state,” shared Lillian Rodriguez-Lopez, Chair of the Board.
Ward-Millner and Waits join other prominent leaders on the board of directors of LCF Georgia.
2022 LCF Georgia Board of Directors
- Lillian Rodriguez Lopez, Principal, The Dorado Group – Chair
- Daniela DeMaria, Head of Strategy, Fiserv – Vice Chair
- Omar Esposito, Vice President, Partnerships and Business Development, Framework Homeownership – Treasurer
- Luis Avila, Vice President, Governance & Compliance, Assistant Corporate Secretary, Cox Enterprises – Secretary
- Aida Perez-Flamm, Founder & Principal, Aida & Company
- Rudy Beserra, Vice President, Vensure
- Henry A. Kelly, President, First Touch Logistics
- Yolanda Robles, CEO, CulturaLink
- Frank Fernandez, CEO, Community Foundation For Greater Atlanta
- Natalie Hernandez, Assistant Professor, Morehouse School of Medicine